Message for referring veterinarians, current clients and clients seeking an internal medicine referral:
Shreveport Veterinary Internal Medicine will close for approximately one month starting 6-22-15.
Dr. Treadwell is addressing some health issues and working on the practice itself to provide a more streamlined
During this time Dr. Treadwell is available to veterinarians for consults and to discuss the continued medical
management of current patient care. If you are a veterinarian or current client who has questions about a pet's medical care
please call 318-754-4753 or email email@example.com and Dr. Treadwell will get back with you as soon as possible.
We are dedicated to being a trusted resource for outstanding internal medicine care - and will be in touch with everyone
soon about our re-open date.
Shreveport Veterinary Internal Medicine
Our mission is to provide state of the art health care for dogs and cats.
We believe this goal is best reached through caring communication between owners,
the family veterinarian, and the SVIM team. We are dedicated to providing owners and
veterinarians the information and services needed for optimal treatment of treasured pets.
Shreveport Veterinary Internal Medicine is a referral-only practice providingadvanced veterinary care for dogs and cats.
We create an environment with unique veterinary skills, patient care, and customer service.
We diagnose and treat dogs and cats with diseases of many organ systems including:
- Cardiac (heart)
- Gastrointestinal (digestive)
- Respiratory (lungs)
- Endocrine (hormones)
- Medical neurology (nervous)
- Hematology (blood)
- Lower urinary tract
- Medical oncology (cancer)
- Immune-mediated disorders
- Nasal Disease
SVIM offers many advanced diagnostic tests including:
- Ultrasound guided biopsy and aspirates
- Endoscopy (foreign body removal, bronchoscopy, Upper and lower GI, Nasal, cystoscopy)
- Tracheal Wash
- Blood pressure
- CBC with manual differential
- Blood Type and Cross Matching
- Bone marrow aspirates
- Bone marrow biopsy
- Spinal taps
- Blood gas analysis
- Coagulation testing
- Urinalysis (sediment and culture/sensitivity)
- Eye Pressures
- Central Venous Pressure
We provide individualized care and treatment plans that include:
- Oxygen therapy
- Diabetes regulation
- Feeding tube placement
- Transfusion medicine (blood, plasma)
- Critical Care
- Pain Management
- Diet and Supplement Recommendations
- Breathing Treatments
- Cushing's Disease Management
- Detailed Treatment plan for complicated medical conditions