- About Us
- Information for Veterinarians
- Information for Clients
- Contact Us
- Canine Blood Donors
- Community Activities
- Pet Medical Library
Dr. Treadwell reviews all laboratory test pervuiosly run on the patient. She may collect samples during the consult and or recommend special tests.
1. CBC with manual differential and morphology - review of previous samples and review of new slides in the primary care hospital.
2. Serum Chemistries and Electrolytes
Including: cPL/fPL (pancreatitis), ammonia levels (liver function), cortisol, Total T4, Lactate, Magnesium, Creatine Kinase, Bile Acids, ACTH Stim, Low Dose/High Dose Dex Supression, ProBNP
3. Coagulation testing (PT/PTT/ACT)
4. Arterial & Venous Blood Gas Analysis
5. Cytologic evaluation of blood, aspirates, washes, spinal fluid, and biopsies. Dr. Treadwell screens every sample. This allows rapid diagnosis of many diseases the same day.
6. Slide Agglutination
7. Cross Matching (canine and feline; blood typing also available)
8. Urinalysis with sediment analysis (in-house culture and MIC available as well as UP:C)
Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, coagulation, blood gas, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations. Samples of lung washes, fine needle aspirates of lumps and masses, spinal taps, etc are evaluated in-house for rapid rusults. Samples are also sent to special laboratories for further testing as needed.
Blastomyces organism from a skin mass on a dog. Histoplasma fungus found in abdominal fluid of a dog.
Slide agglutination test. This dog had intravascular IMHA and a strong positive SAT.